I’ve been playing around with recipes lately in hopes to find ones that I can make on a regular basis. I’ve made this Lemon Chicken just a handful of times and every single time it’s been a hit! So I’ve decided to share my version of Lemon Chicken, hope you enjoy!
What you’ll need:
4 Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup of lemon juice (for me, I used 2 large lemons)
1 additional Lemon
1 cup of Chicken Broth
1 cup of flour
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
Salt & Pepper
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Heat olive oil in an oven safe fry pan or skillet on medium/medium high heat.
- Combine chicken broth and lemon juice in a cup and set aside.
- Throw in flour, oregano, thyme rosemary and s&p in a gallon bag and shake it up until it’s all incorporated.
- Add chicken thighs (I did 2 at a time) into the gallon bag to bread by shaking it around to bread.
- After breading, fry chicken on both sides until golden brown starting with skin side down.
- Once browned on both sides (skin side should be on top), add the chicken broth and lemon juice into the pan. Should come about halfway up the chicken.
- (This step is optional) Slice up lemon and place on top of each chicken and sprinkle additional rosemary on top.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
And that’s it! I usually serve this with brown rice and whatever veggies we have on hand. It’s always a hit with my husband and we never have leftovers when I make this!